Table of Contents
The educational system consists of formal institutions, agencies, and organisations of a country that transmit knowledge and cultural heritage and that influence the social and intellectual growth of the individual. This generally includes legislation and policy making, administration, facility maintenance, curriculum planning, and teacher preparation and selection. This factor attempts to capture those aspects of education which affect the provision of, and participation in, education as well as educational achievement.
This text is for information only and is not designed to interpret or replace any reference documents.
Does the option affect the access of individuals to public/private education or vocational and continuing training?
Other sources of data
Other sources of information
Some Eurostat Indicators (Long Term Indicators) are relevant to address the key question (Sustainable development in the European Union - 2009 monitoring report on the EU sustainable development strategy):
- Early school-leavers
- At-risk-of-poverty rate, by highest level of education attained
- Persons with low educational attainment, by age group
- Life-long learning
- Low reading literacy performance of pupils
- Individuals’ level of computer skills
- Individuals’ level of internet skills
- Public expenditure on education (for subtheme Education)