Table of Contents
In the EU´ approach to better regulation, the preparation of new legislation and simplification of existing legislation take into account the overall benefits and costs. The Commission has established a possible common approach adapted to EU needs and the above criteria, the “EU Net Administrative Cost Model”: According to the proposed “EU Net Administrative Cost Model”, administrative costs are defined as the costs incurred by enterprises, the voluntary sector, public authorities and citizens in meeting legal obligations to provide information on their action or production, either to public authorities or to private parties. Information is to be taken in a broad sense, including costs of labelling, reporting, and monitoring to provide information and registration. Also on-off costs may be taken into account.
This text is for information only and is not designed to interpret or replace any reference documents.
Does the policy option affect the nature of information obligations placed on businesses (for example the type of data required, reporting frequency, the complexity of submission processes)?
Regarding this Guiding Question, which are the most important EU policies and strategies? For EU Impact Area Database: For an overview of most important EU policies and strategies, you can consult http://ec.europa.eu/policies/index_en.htm or http://europa.eu/pol/index_en.htm
Further Sources of Data
- OECD: Business View´s on red tape-Administrative and Regulatory Burdens on Small and Medium Sized Enterprises http://www.oecdbookshop.org/oecd/display.asp?K=5LMQCR2KHH48&LANG=EN
- OLISnet: http://www.oecd.org/document/19/0,2340,en_2649_201185_1914579_1_1_1_1,00.html
- Subscription form: http://webnet.oecd.org/Account/Default.aspx?t=i
Further Sources of Information
- European Commission: Better Regulation http://ec.europa.eu/governance/better_regulation/index_en.htm
- European Commission: Annexes to Impact Assessment Guidelines http://ec.europa.eu/governance/impact/commission_guidelines/docs/iag_2009_annex_en.pdf
- Communication: Better Regulation for Growth and Jobs in the European Union http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX%3A52005DC0097%3AEN%3ANOT
- Assessing administrative costs set by EU legislation: the EU Net Administrative Cost Model (on SG IntraComm, including links to related indicators) http://ec.europa.eu/governance/better_regulation/key_docs_en.htm
- OECD: Business View´s on red tape-Administrative and Regulatory Burdens on Small and Medium Sized Enterprises http://www.oecdbookshop.org/oecd/display.asp?sf1=identifiers&st1=42200110011P1
Please insert indicators relevant to the question, choose indicators provided by Eurostat.
Other Official Indicators
Please insert indicators relevant to the question, choose indicators provided e.g. by international organizations like the OECD, IEA, ILO or academic institutes.